Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lil Mama apologizes for crashing Jay-Z's VMA performance



The 2009 MTV Video Music Awards were full of surprises, and interruptions. The now infamous outburst displayed by Kanye West as Taylor Swift accepted her award for Best Video, has become the hottest topic among news media and bloggers alike, even upstaging the death of Patrick Swayze.

However, Mr. West wasn’t the only artists who wanted to be seen Sunday night. New York based rapper Lil’ Mama, who’s best known for being a judge on America’s Best Dance Crew, crashed the stage during Jay-Z and Alicia Keyes’ performance of their hit single ‘Empire State of Mind’. According to Jay-Z's rep, Lil Mama's on-stage presence was not scheduled on the billing.
Lil’ Mama came onstage toward the end of the song and even struck a pose with Hov and Keyes, after Jay had gestured for her to chill out seconds earlier and joked she was "T-Paining." On Monday afternoon (September 14), Lil’ Mama sent MTV News a statement via her manager explaining the incident.
"I did not mean any disrespect towards Jay-Z or Alicia Keys," the statement reads. "I admire them and look up to them as role models. 'Empire State of Mind' had my emotions running high. In that moment I came up onstage to celebrate my two icons singing about NY."
By Tuesday afternoon, Lil' Mama had more to say.
"I didn't know what Jay said," Lil Mama explained in an interview. "I thought he was like, 'OK, enjoying the moment with me, interacting,' which was after I walked up. But after watching it from home, watching myself on the Internet, I'm bouncing and I'm coming up toward Jay-Z and he's backing up. And my emotions at the time was like a vibe, like, 'Yeah, New York.' I was definitely caught up in the moment. He was backing up and when I got home I realized [he said], 'Oh, you gonna T-Pain it, huh.' I realized it when I got home. Now that I'm home, I was like, 'Wow, Jay-Z wasn't feeling it.' I would never get up there and try to disrespect Jay-Z or take a moment that someone else created and try to live it. I'm too original for that and I respect him too much for that. To Jay in particular, as a Brooklyn native -- who I am also -- in that moment it was nothing but respect and honor...It was a joyous moment. Whenever we share happiness or a celebration takes place, usually it's graceful, it's never to disrespect. I never meant any harm. I was enjoying myself and I was enjoying his performance. I got love for him and I love you, [Jay-Z]." (MTV)
Mama has caught it pretty hard over the past few days on the Internet. The topic "lilmamais" blew up and was even the top Twitter trend for a few hours.
Fabolous was one of the celebs having fun with the moment, chiming in on his Twitter page. "#Lilmamais like the dude that parachutes down on the field during a game!" Fab tweeted. "#Lilmamais gonna get security at the stages of every award show from now on. #Lilmamais the bird that flew outta Lady Gaga's nest on her face!!"

Please dont forget to leave a comments.. thanks and have fun

Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Digg
Facebook
Reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Feel Free Donate

AzerWorks Copyright © 2009 AzerWorks is Designed by Azer

azergwapo